Dan Warren began his career as a home inspector when, as a young family man, he received a less-than-stellar home inspection. Before this, he worked as a mechanic, a garbage collector, attended college, and then worked as a commercial insurance underwriter for several years. After Hurricane Andrew destroyed his business in Miami, he and his family moved to Fort Myers to open art galleries in Sanibel. The art galleries took up a lot of time, and Dan wanted a career where he could spend time with his growing children. His desire to spend more time with his children and his natural gift with people were a perfect match for becoming a Pillar To Post Home Inspector.
Dan is truly passionate about being a home inspector because he loves the variety of things that could happen every day, with new people, new houses and new challenges. He loves helping people learn about their new potential homes and enjoys taking a difficult subject matter, like construction and
building maintenance, and making that knowledge accessible and understandable.
Dan has been a Pillar To Post Home Inspector for over 20 years, and in that time, he has completed over 8,000 home inspections. He has been named the Best Home Inspection Company by his local newspaper, in Fort Myers, several times, and most recently in 2018. In his spare time, Dan enjoys fishing in the Keys with his friends and their sons. He also enjoys hiking, rock climbing and riding his Harley on the weekend.
Dan Warren is proud to serve the Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs and Naples areas. Below you can find some of his additional services as well as more information about his extensive experience.
Home Inspection Information & Awards:
- State License Home Inspector #223
- Florida Association of Building Inspectors (FABI) – Master Professional Inspector # MPI-0633
- State of Florida, Dept. of Agriculture – Certified WDO Inspector #JE97034
- Royal Palm Coast Realtor Association – Affiliate member 1999-2019, 2019 Events Committee, 2019 Professional Development Committee
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), ASHI Gulf Coast Chapter – Founding Member 2000, President 2004-2006, Vice-President 2001-2003, Chapter Director 2006-2007
- Continuing Education: FL requires 12 hours every 2 years, in 2017 and 2018 Dan completed a total of 64 hours of continuing education.
- Wind Mitigation Reports: Evaluating your home’s wind mitigating features can result in substantial savings on your wind storm insurance rates
- 4-Point Insurance Inspection: Insurance companies may require a 4-Point report on homes over 20 years old when renewing or obtaining Homeowners insurance. The 4-Point details age, condition of roof, electrical, plumbing and A/C.
- Water Quality Testing: Water quality testing may be required for certain types of home loans. Your lender will specify the types of contaminates they are looking for. We will take the appropriate samples according to established protocols and an accredited laboratory will test and supply results.
- Wood Destroying Organism (Termites) Reports: Dwelling will be inspected for wood destroying organisms by an employee of DL pest control according to State of Florida, Dept. of Agriculture guidelines and a State of Florida approved report will be supplied.